Sunday, May 26, 2024

Celebrating 17 Years of Healing!

 
 


 I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when I woke up on Saturday 5/25th as I celebrated the 17th anniversary of when I took a leap of faith leaving behind my award-winning social work career in the wake of a devastating diagnosis to heal my life and follow my newfound bliss as a poet and author. I had no idea what wondrous adventures were waiting for me beyond my office door! 

17 years ago I sat in my front yard wearing a toe up leg brace and using a cane at times for mobility. I had a manuscript for my book of poetry, "New World Greetings:Inspirational Poetry and Musings for a New World." I wondered "What had I done?" leaving behind a steady paycheck and a 25 year social work career to heal my life and follow my new found bliss as a poet and author. Yet I knew it was time to follow a new path.



 

 I thought it would be most fitting to choose 5/25/2024 as Pub Date for my 7th book, "A Most Unlikely Runner:Inspiration From The Heart of a Warrior" now available in Paperback and Kindle on Amazon where my previous 6 books are available for purchase. That first book I clutched in my lap on that day 17 years ago morphed into "Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life." The book, "Coming Home:A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility" that I thought would be my once and done book became a Trilogy of Transformation. "Going the Distance:The Power of Endurance" with a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen, pioneer of women's running and at one time world record holder and "The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953." I wrote two books during the pandemic which brings us to book number seven!


 I am blessed and grateful that "A Most Unlikely Runner" is a selection of the WBZ Book Club. Early reviews have warmed my heart and soul from: Mike Seaman, CEO of Raccoon Media Group, Jordan Rich, WBZ Host, Bill Rodgers, 4 time New York and Boston Marathon Champion and Olympian, Hilary Topper, award winning Public Relations Professional and critically acclaimed author of "From Couch Potato to Endurance Athlete" and the man, the myth, the legend, Dave McGillivray. You can read their reviews on the book's Amazon page.

 

What better way to celebrate 17 years of healing than with a fabulous fun-filled 5K with Team McManus. Being out in nature unplugged and spending time with Tom and Ruth Anne is a gift that fills my heart with gratitude. Every step is a gift and every mile is a blessing. We savored the sights, sounds and scents of the first unofficial weekend of summer in Boston.
 





So much joy and gratitude filled my heart as I celebrated 17 years of healing after having the courage to take a leap of faith and leave behind the 'security' of a full time, well paying and once incredibly satisfying career as an award-winning social worker at the VA. I felt the grace coursing through ever fiber of my Being with releasing my 7th book that I know will inspire and touch the hearts and souls of all who read it and being able to feel free in my body with a fabulous fun filled 5K.

In health and wellness,

Mary

Visit my website to be inspired by my journey. May it ignite a spark within you to go farther than you ever believed you could. Be sure to visit the News and Events Page with links to podcast interviews, speaking engagements and where you can find my incredibly inspirational story. My interview with the amazing On the Runs podcast team of Erika Hamel and Eric Knuuttunen is Episode 56. Be sure to subscribe and download on your favorite podcast platform and subscribe to their YouTube channel.

Proud to BU is a podcast highlighting the illustrious achievements of Boston University Alumni. Here is the link to my episode.

My books that pack powerful messages of healing, hope and possibilities are available on Amazon

"A Most Unlikely Runner: Inspiration From The Heart of a Warrior is now available.  Book Release Party 6/3  7-8pm at Livite Brookline in Washington Square Brookline

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vicarious Thrill of Cape Cod Marathon Race Weekend!

As Kara Goucher once said, "When it comes to running, participation and spectating go hand in hand. Watching the world's best compe...