Friday, July 19, 2024

Be a Hill Seeker!


 

"Hey Mary, where are you going to run this morning?" Tom asked me.

"Well I'd like to try to avoid that big hill coming up from the small Reservoir so I'll do the big one."

But as I headed down the walk way from our house, I took a left instead of a right heading to the small Reservoir! The day had already started to heat up with the sunshine and yet another day of high humidity, but I opened my heart to the beauty of the day.

 

I took particular notice of the angel slides and a heart in the clouds. I felt Source within me and felt Source surrounding me. I loved feeling sweat trickle down my back. Gratitude overflowed as I remember a day in 2007 when I went for a walk on Wollaston Beach. After 10 minutes, I had to go back to the car. I was still in my toe up leg brace, using a cane for mobility. As I came to the uphill to go home, I felt a surge of energy. My goal race for this year is the Somerville Jingle Bell 5K in December. There are a lot of hills on the course. I want to feel well trained and give it my best effort during this training cycle and on race day. When I walked through the door, Tom took this photo of me that captures the joy and sense of satisfaction I felt being a hill seeker.





 






In life and on the roads, we cannot avoid the inevitable uphill climbs. Oh sure, we can try to find alternate routes to avoid hills but ultimately, we cannot avoid life's challenges. I have known challenges since I was 5 years old and have been climbing metaphorical hills ever since. The view is spectacular from the top. Strength and resilience, grace and beauty are discovered when we conquer the hills!

 Be sure to order my newly released 7th book, "A Most Unlikely Runner:Inspiration From The Heart of a Warrior" that shares my journey on the road to the 2024 Bermuda Triangle Challenge 10K that gave a whole new meaning to being a hill seeker!

In health and wellness,

Mary

Visit my website to be inspired by my journey. May it ignite a spark within you to go farther than you ever believed you could. Be sure to visit the News and Events Page with links to podcast interviews, speaking engagements and where you can find my incredibly inspirational story. My interview with the amazing On the Runs podcast team of Erika Hamel and Eric Knuuttunen is Episode 56. Be sure to subscribe and download on your favorite podcast platform and subscribe to their YouTube channel.

Proud to BU is a podcast highlighting the illustrious achievements of Boston University Alumni. Here is the link to my episode.

My books that pack powerful messages of healing, hope and possibilities are available on Amazon  My 7th book, "A Most Unlikely Runner:Inspiration From The Heart of a Warrior" is receiving rave reviews and is a selection of the WBZ News Radio Book Club.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vicarious Thrill of Cape Cod Marathon Race Weekend!

As Kara Goucher once said, "When it comes to running, participation and spectating go hand in hand. Watching the world's best compe...