Tuesday, July 2, 2024

The First Half of the Year in Review

2024 got off to a shaky start with Team McManus contracting COVID, and Ruth Anne experiencing health challenges. Fortunately her test results would require follow up but would not prevent us from our travel plans to Bermuda and Nashville. While I did not finish the 10K in Bermuda, the Universe set in motion fabulous friendships that are going to blossom and bear fruit in the second half of 2024. I did finish the 10K distance on May the Fourth and have been overjoyed with how my most unlikely runner journey is shaping up in 2024. I have more confidence, strength and endurance than I did before my setback in 2021/2022.

In late January, I experienced the joy of being an Ambassador for The Boston Run Show. I made new friends and had astounding moments of synchronicity meeting up with old friends. In February, Tom and I were support crew for Ruth Anne as she did her final long runs for the LA Marathon in March. There was magic and synchronicity as new friendships were forged on the West Coast. Boston Marathon Weekend was another epic weekend with meet ups and Unicorn Magic! In late April, I returned to my Ambassador role at the Boston Outdoor Expo with more moments filled with magic and synchronicity. BU Alumni Association featured me in Bostonia, a class note and the Proud to BU podcast. All of my interviews and press can be found on my News and Events page.

I finished my 7th book, "A Most Unlikely Runner:Inspiration From The Heart of a Warrior". The book release party had a small, intimate group in attendance, but people have been reaching out to me for author copies. Others have purchased the book on Amazon.  It is a selection of the WBZ News Radio Book Club. I released my book on May 25th,  the 17th anniversary of when I took a leap of faith, leaving behind my award-winning social work career to heal my life in the wake of the devastating diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome. 

We celebrated Global Running Day as part of the Raccoon Media Group family:

 
On Juneteenth we took a trip to the BU Bookstore to see if my book was available since I am a BU alum. Troy was amazing and found the book right away in the Biography section. He said that after construction this summer, they will have a display for BU Alum books. After it is purchased, they restock the book. Such a thrill to see my book at Barnes & Noble at Boston University:
We've reconnected with our L Street Running Club and shared races with them for great causes. I am definitely off the sidelines now and what a thrill to be a part of the pack again. 

As we turn the calendar's page to July, it's time to get excited for the second half of 2024. I have podcast interviews lined up and reached out to local bookstores to pitch events. In September, there is going to be an epic event at Providence Fit Body Boot Camp in Rhode Island. So how did this event come about you may ask?

In Bermuda, I shared the back of the pack with Marlene Gamba. You will have to grab a copy of my book to get the full story. I invited Marlene and her daughter Melody to my book release party. They were unable to attend but as serendipity would have it, Melody is the events director for her boyfriend's gym. She asked if I would like to do an event there! 

I am open to infinite possibilities for how, when and where I am meant to be to share my message of healing, hope and infinite possibilities and where I am meant to shine to celebrate 17 years of healing! My goal race for 2024 is the Bill Rodgers Jingle Bell 5K on 12/15. The race director assured me that he would love to have me and to not be concerned with when I finish although after Saturday's 2 miler, I am planning on having the best time!

Of course there were challenges that presented themselves during the first half of 2024. Since my intention is to manifest a wonderful second half of 2024, I am focusing on the highlights of the first half of the year and setting my sights on continued blessings with an attitude of gratitude for all that was and all that is yet to be!

In health and wellness,

Mary

Visit my website to be inspired by my journey. May it ignite a spark within you to go farther than you ever believed you could. Be sure to visit the News and Events Page with links to podcast interviews, speaking engagements and where you can find my incredibly inspirational story. My interview with the amazing On the Runs podcast team of Erika Hamel and Eric Knuuttunen is Episode 56. Be sure to subscribe and download on your favorite podcast platform and subscribe to their YouTube channel.

Proud to BU is a podcast highlighting the illustrious achievements of Boston University Alumni. Here is the link to my episode.

My books that pack powerful messages of healing, hope and possibilities are available on Amazon  My 7th book, "A Most Unlikely Runner:Inspiration From The Heart of a Warrior" is receiving rave reviews and is a selection of the WBZ News Radio Book Club.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vicarious Thrill of Cape Cod Marathon Race Weekend!

As Kara Goucher once said, "When it comes to running, participation and spectating go hand in hand. Watching the world's best compe...